Struggling to find the best brand of makeup or way of applying it? Here’s a complete list of dos and don’ts for Asians… makeup-wise.
- Wear too much eyeliner
- Have too much blue/green eyeshadow
- Choose an eyeshadow color that’s too dark
- Wear false eyelashes that look too long and fake
- Attempt to change the lightness or darkness of your skin tone with a completely different shade of foundation. It will end up looking like a mask.
- Use a heap of glittery eyeshadow
- Use tester lipsticks straight onto your lips. It’s unhygienic. Smudge some onto your fingers before applying
- Look out for foundation that has yellow undertones
- Test your foundation on your jawline first
- Use lots of sky blue. Asian skin loves that color!
- Store lipstick and perfume in the refrigerator. It’ll last longer
- Outline your lips in pencil before you apply lipstick or gloss if you don’t want your lipstick to feather
- Always, ALWAYS wash off your makeup before bed
Some brands that most asians prefer to use include: MAC, Shiseido, Lancome, and Estee Lauder. Browse around for a favorite brand. Personally, I prefer Yves Saint Laurent.
Develop a signature scent! It’s nice to have a smell people can recognize you with. But don’t just pull out any old perfume. A signature scent takes time to discover. Choose a scent that’s uniquely you and something you actually like. Here are some great ideas:
(in no particular order)
1. Lovely – Sarah Jessica Parker
2. Touch of Pink – Lacoste
3. Baby Doll (Paris) – Yves Saint Laurent
4. Red Door – Elizabeth Arden
5. Chanel No. 5 – Coco Chanel
6. Pink Sugar – Aquolina
7. Acqua Di Gio – Giorgio Armani
8. DKNY Be Delicious – Donna Karan New York
9. Juicy Couture – Juicy Couture
10. Cool Water – Davidoff
Great Makeup Sites:
Credits: http://www.ivillage.co.uk, kilerpoyo